Personal Information We Obtain
When you visit and use this Site, we may obtain personal information about you that you directly provide to us, including, for example, the following categories of information:
- Contact information (e.g., name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address)
- Account information (e.g., username and password)
- Communications (e.g., when you submit questions or comments, select e-mail marketing communication preferences, indicate areas of interests, subscribe to newsletters, or participate in surveys or forums)
- Information you provide when you submit an application to work for us (e.g., education, experience, qualifications, and current employer, job title, and primary job responsibilities)
We may also automatically collect personal information during your visit to the Site as part of our normal operation, including, for example, the following categories of information:
- Technical information collected from your computer or mobile device (e.g., your IP address, browser type, and operating system)
- Information collected about your usage of our websites (e.g., pages you visit, search terms you enter, and how often you visit)
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
Use of “Cookies”
You may elect not to accept “cookies” by setting your Internet options on your computer, however, please be advised that in that case, you may not be able to access part or all of this Site, or parts of this Site may not operate effectively.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity when you access and use our services and ensure the security of your personal information. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Provide the information, goods, services or materials you have requested. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Analyse information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for our customers. It is in our legitimate interests to understand any issues with our services and improve them.
- Communicate with you, for example if we are providing information about changes to this Privacy Statement or if you contact us with questions. It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notices about our services.
- Build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. It is in our legitimate interests to provide more relevant and interesting advertising messages. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- Process an application you submit to work for us or provide information related to job opportunities or recruitment generally. It is in our legitimate interests to consider the qualifications of job applicants and to communicate with potential applicants regarding job opportunities. When necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
- Comply with other legal or regulatory requirements.
- We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other company, and may use this anonymized information for any other purpose.
How and When We Share Your Personal Information
We may transfer or disclose your information to our affiliates, divisions, employees, partners, contractors and suppliers, subject to use only as set forth herein. For example, we may partner with companies to process secure payments, fulfil orders, optimize services, manage applications for employment, serve online behavioural advertising, send newsletters and marketing messages, support e-mail and messaging services, and analyse information. These service providers and business partners may include advertising agencies and fraud prevention agencies which will use your personal information only in the ways described in this Policy Statement.
We also may disclose your personal information to any person, specifically to any governmental agency, without notice, if we in good faith believe that such disclosure is required in order to comply with law, to protect our rights or interests, and in response to any emergency situation.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, subject to local law. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your personal information. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
You may contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct the personal information we hold about you or to discuss or exercise other rights you may have under law. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Protection and Retention of Your Personal Information
We implement physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to safeguard and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the personal information we process. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
International Data Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country, and may be available to the government of those countries under a lawful order made in those countries.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protections for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Since we are constantly making changes and upgrades to our systems and services in order to better serve you, and how we manage your personal information may accordingly change, we anticipate updating this Privacy Statement from time-to-time. Therefore, we reserve the right to revise the content of this Privacy Statement in any manner and at any time, without notice. We encourage you to check the Site each time prior to access for any changes. If we make any revisions that materially change the ways in which we process your personal information, we will notify you of these changes before applying them to that personal information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us at email@example.com