IKTVA stands for “In-Kingdom Total Value Add” (iktva) program. It was launched by Saudi Aramco to baseline, measure and drive increased levels of localization in its supply chain. The iktva program is designed to drive supply-chain efficiency, value add across operations and create a diverse, globally sustainable competitive energy sector within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to support the long-term vitality of our commercial ecosystem.
The iktva Program was launched in 2015 as a structured approach to localization. The iktva program has become one of the Kingdom’s most important and strategic Programs that is focused on the development of the energy sector and the creation of a world-class supply chain.
Iktva aims to:
- Reach 70% local content
- Increase exports of Saudi-made energy goods and services
- Create thousands of technical and professional jobs and careers
The iktva program offers value creation opportunities for firms while also improving the supply chain. Suppliers benefit from the increasing opportunities, expansions, access to a highly skilled Saudi workforce, and exposure to industry-leading innovation, and capturing markets throughout other parts of the world.
GET – ALDAHI IKTVA INITIATIVE
To align ourselves to meet the iktva goals of Saudi Aramco, GET Aldahi is taking the following initiatives
Integrated Saudization of Operations & Maintenance for the Oilfield (ISOMO)
This is a complete package provided to the clients, making young graduates and technical diploma holders competent technical personnel for Operations and Maintenance in the Oilfield.
The package includes GET hiring young and dynamic Saudi graduates, training them in skills (English and Technical) so as to bring them up to speed with the Oil & Gas industry operations across various Product Service Lines ( e.g Coiled Tubing, Cementing, Drilling, Well Testing, Wireline, Completions etc), deploying them to customers operations and then managing their complete career with constant training and exposure to the industry.
The 3-5 year program includes:
- Assessing and hiring young Saudis fresh out of colleges/university
- Introductory courses given in technical topics, HSE and soft skills
- Ongoing 3 to 6 month training in English language
- Exposure to wellsite operations of various service lines
- Ensuring each person has a core service line with detailed knowledge of theoretical fundamentals of the relevant service line
- Actual on-the-job training for the Core service line
- Continuous Training on oilfield operations and practical tips to problem solving
- Continuous HSE courses to ensure safety oriented mindset
- Career management from a junior operative to stand alone contributor
GET is deploying a mix of Technology and on-ground resources to provide ISOMO :
- On-ground team including Project Coordinator to ensure each participant receives customised attention and training
- Training resources , including classroom based and training center
- GET’s online Learning Management System , Petronet Academy, to deliver learning and track progress
- On-the-job Training through its partner companies who have wellsite operations
Integrated Maintenance Solutions (IMS)
This is based on GET Aldahi’s workshop in Dammam which will support companies who will outsource their maintenance to GET. The service is a KPI based service for maintenance of oilfield equipment like Downhole Motors, Hydraulic Appointment, Power Packs. This will result in -in-country maintenance for most commonly used equipment in the Oil and gas industry in KSA, rather than equipment being sent out of the country, and also build local capability for maintenance solutions.
Integrated Procurement and Supply Chain Management Solutions (IPSCM)
Integrated MRO solutions (parts and spares used in regular repair & maintenance) as an end to end complete package, including stocking of local inventory and providing them at zero lead time. This will further include the substitution of parts manufactured in KSA to replace parts being imported, which will enhance the ICV.