Job Purpose & Scope:
Well Test Operations are an important area of the Oil & Gas Operations because they investigate important parameters, such as the production potential of the well, the characteristics of the formation, the type and amount of oil & gas produced, the damage level of the formation and very important characteristics of the reservoir, such as permeability, porosity, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate with the well site team, mobilization arrangements and job requirements.
- To carry out a pre-job check-up, checking all components of the Well Testing package.
- Ability to collect relevant well data.
- Knowledge about different types of Separators, remote ignition of the pilot and main flair burners.
- Develop and implement safe well test operation procedures and layout of equipment in coordination with well test supervisor.
- Knowledge of ASTM standard methods for water cut analysis, API gravity analysis, Gas gravity analysis, Salinity analysis, pH and H2S metering.
- Operational experience, of following equipment – flow head, choke manifold 5-K 3-Phase horizontal separator, sand trap and sand filters, SSV (surface safety valve), indirect heaters, ESD (emergency shutdown system), gas compressors on low gas-producing well, transfer pump, surge tank and gauge tanks etc.
- Job Reporting: prepare job reports with data collected during the well test (press, temp, flow rates and contents percentage,
- Familiar with the use of PPE, H2S Breathing apparatus with strong compliance on HSE.
- Identifies safety hazards on well site.
- Participates in Tool Box Talks with the team on location.
- Proactive in equipment maintenance. Maintain assigned equipment, perform daily inspections to ensure compliance with operational and safety requirements.
- Apply all the disciplines of safely rigging up, operating and rigging down equipment on location.
- Laying and making connections. Check the probable leakage points of all treating iron (if any).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned always focused on SAFETY STANDARDS,
- Good knowledge of Safe operating procedures and well versed in ESD (Emergency Shut Down System).
- Emergency Well control
- Has full understanding on auxiliary equipment’s used in job, its coordination needs and associated specialized safety arrangement.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
- Trained on Firefighting/ First Aid,
- Technical education with a minimum of 5 years as well test operator.
- Hands-on practical oil/gas field experience: a minimum of 8 years.
- Must have exposure in HSE awareness with regard to oil/gas field hazards.
- Good computer knowledge and Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Candidate available in Saudi will be preferred
- Candidate having WAP certificate (preferred)